Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was cruising around mewe.com last night and came upon this Highway Patrolman that a guy wanted to trade for another .357. I didn't have one having sold the others that I've acquired so I sent him a message. We got together this morning and made the exchange. It was dirty so I brought it home, cleaned it up and put some Ken Driskill Elkhorn Stags on it. It had some Herrets or Sile stocks on it. I put them on a .38-44 for now. I also found what looks like a name and badge number etched on the inside of the grip frame. From the looks of the wear mark on the side plate, this was probably an L E O gun. That wear mark is right where the snap is on some holsters.

So, what do y'all think?

Oh, I forgot to say it's a Model 28 - 2, serial number S289031 from 1967, the year I graduated high school.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Guy I have 4" version just slightly younger than yours (66-67) and a 6" from 1979, both are fine shooters. I'd agree that the wear on those stocks and the etching would indicate it having been carried on duty at some point in its life, but it certainly wasn't abused. I'd bet there was once an officer or deputy **** who wore badge number 2322 somewhere at one time! :)

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Congrats on scoring that fine HP Guy! Looks great so go out and enjoy it!

·
Registered
15,955 Posts
Wasn't one of the cops involved that Rodney King affair named Sgt Stacy ****?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Well I was cruising around mewe.com last night and came upon this Highway Patrolman that a guy wanted to trade for another .357. I didn't have one having sold the others that I've acquired so I sent him a message. We got together this morning and made the exchange. It was dirty so I brought it home, cleaned it up and put some Ken Driskill Elkhorn Stags on it. It had some Herrets or Sile stocks on it. I put them on a .38-44 for now. I also found what looks like a name and badge number etched on the inside of the grip frame. From the looks of the wear mark on the side plate, this was probably an L E O gun. That wear mark is right where the snap is on some holsters.

So, what do y'all think?

Oh, I forgot to say it's a Model 28 - 2, serial number S289031 from 1967, the year I graduated high school.

Hey Guy,

Well done!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Generally not a fan of stags, but I like those very much! (y) (y)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts