Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Never had much use for handgun optics. To each his own. At 78, I can still see the sights on my guns and hit what I am aiming at, sometimes. Last time I shot my 6" M617, I could hit an empty 22 box consistently at 50 yards. Big Larry

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just wanted to mention that my M-617 is always with when I visit the range even if the primary reason for the trip is to exercise a third generation semi-auto. My M-617-1 has a fitted M-648 .22 Magnum Cylinder and performs equally well with either caliber, much to my enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very accurate for a 16 1/2" bbl. I have a Rossi M62 SAC with a 16 1/2" bbl. that will out shoot the M94-22 and all the rest of my Winchester pumps. Big Larry

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the same two. I have two M61's. 22 Mag. and 22 SLLR. The mag is super accurate at 50 yards. It has the grooved receiver and is scoped. I also have 4 M48's. Thanks for sharing. Big Larry

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same two. I have two M61's. 22 Mag. and 22 SLLR. The mag is super accurate at 50 yards. It has the grooved receiver and is scoped. I also have 4 M48's. Thanks for sharing. Big Larry
My dad has a 61 Winchester in 22lr, I remember hunting with him as a kid and he always carried it small game hunting. Im looking for a vintage 22 mag smith and wesson as we speak. Lets just say prices have risen….i really like the 8 3/8 model 48.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Probably never know, as it has never been fired since it was dolled up at the factory in the 80's. I bought it cause it was cheap and pretty. Big Larry

21 - 40 of 42 Posts