Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A picture of my model 13-3 with a 4" bbl.it is my best shooting .357 that I own.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
SSBob, your post of the model 13 reminds me of my own experience with my 13-1. I had swapped off my model 10 snub for something that cost much more than the 10. I then needed to replace what I had been carrying when working plainclothes. A famous gun scribe recommended a 4 inch model 10 was as easily concealed as a 2 inch. My favorite gunshop had just received a bunch of 13-1's; I figured doesn't get much better than this - as I knew the NYSP had model 10 357's, but didn't know S&W had turned it into a production item. Went to the range with my new 13-1, loaded it with factory 357, 158 grain JHP's and it shot to point of aim at 25 yards - and shot beyond my expectations. . .I was wed to a model 27, 5 inch as my uniform duty weapon; a little too bulky for concealed carry. The model 13 tucked in an inside the pants holster with a shirt pulled out or when wearing a jacket was just the ticket; it is a keeper. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I qualified with my 3" 13-3 Tuesday. I shot a 96, 96, 97, and 96 qualifying with it for day/night duty, and day/night off duty.

One of the sweetest shooting revolvers I've had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy yours! Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Model 13's are great revolvers. I love the fixed sights, they are ideal for a "close-quarters" combat/self-defense firearm.

I have two Model 13's w/3 inch barrels (M13-3 & M13-4) . Both are dead-on at 7 yards with proper 158 grain .357 loads. They both serve duty ..... one as my desk gun in my office, the other as my night stand gun in the bedroom.

Great Pics, guys....thanks for sharing.

Don

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
The only thing that's better, for self defense and home defense, than a M-13.......is TWO M-13's!!!! ;) I like the snubby models the best.
I use my two .38 spls. for my defense guns. (M-36 & M-10 snubbies.....the little brothers of the M-13. :roll: ) :lol: Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts