Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
This was my dog Izzie's last hunt. She liked to hunt ducks, but she LOVED to hunt roosters. The last few years, she learned to point the pheasants, and I think it was due to watching the pointing dogs that were also part of the team. Bird hunting without a dog just ain't the same. I'm glad you have one to go with.
downsized_1214131138.jpg
The little pointer is Peach, and the GSP is Boots. All are gone now, but two pointing dogs and a lab to bat clean-up were the A Team.
Peach Boots 2 111211.JPG

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is my new dog, Brody. I have had him three months. Three loooong months, as of yesterday as a matter of fact. I just lost (due to age, etc.) my two jewels, a pair of sweet, elderly, kind hearted collies. I thought we could look for a younger one this time, because the illnesses and the loss were too soon on the other two, but I would not have traded my time with them for anything.

I am beginning to think this 2 & 1/2 year old is just friggin' nuts. He has his moments, but he is a thief, a bully, a sneak and some days, just plain mean. He sailed through obedience class, he's not dumb, just.... hyper. Maybe in a few years he'll calm down. I hope.

Yeah, yeah, I know, he looks cute...
If you look in his eyes just right you can see the devil staring right back at you!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
The last dog I had was really my wife’s baby. When she passed on, the dog and I got closer but you could tell she mourned my wife. She went about a year after my wife and I almost lost it. It hurt my in-laws too.
My sister has two little lap hounds that I can’t pry out of my lap when I go to her house. My BIL and best friend understands why I don’t want another dog but my sister seems to think that’s what I need.
My brother-in-law understands that losing another would put me down for months, maybe even years. He knows me too well.
We’re moving into cold weather soon. It will make me think of going on a run on a cold morning, the dog by my side, and coming home to a beautiful wife with a cup of hot coffee in her hand for me. She would hug my neck, then fuss over her dog.
I think that dog loved coming back home from the run as much as I did. :cool:
I’ve had a blessed life, with a beautiful wife and a loving dog. NEVER, NEVER forget how blessed you are with a wife that loves you and a loving dog that is always there for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts