Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a older model Sig P220. She is in great shape. And a sweet shooter. I had her out to the range this morning. She ate everything I fed her and performed well. I will use this one for carry. I hate to put holster marks on her. It's time for her to earn her keep.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Jim,

I love these guns.... I was a 1911 guy until finally I gave into my son's urgings and shot his..... WOW! I sold off almost all my 1911's and bought TWO 220's for myself ... then I gave a 245 to my Oldest Son (he already had a 220) and gave a 220 to my other boys Ryan and Eric.

They are at the top of the page when it comes to .45 ACP Autopistols....

Drew

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I love my SigPro 2340...although have been contemplating selling it lately. I just don't shoot it as much as my revolvers, and I am one of those guys that hates letting something sit around being unused...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dom
Thanks

Drew
I also like the 220 I have owned several of them. My wife and Son have one. I told my wife hands off this one it is mine. I still have a few 1911's. Hard to beat a nice running .45.

Chris
The 2340 is a very nice Sig.
I'm just the opposite. I am more of a pack rat. I figure it's better to hang on to the items I already have.
Most of the time I wind up giving stuff away or dumpster it. With firearms I have two kid's. My Son and Daughter get my cast off firearms.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice Sig...
I just got one last week,,, a 220 two-tone
never realized how accurate they are and how they gobble up everything you feed them..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kritter
Congrats on your new Sig. Start a new thread and show off that 220. I enjoy looking at pictures on nice guns.

Wendy
Thanks I have been looking for a nice used one for awhile. Every one I ran across locally. Was either not the model I was looking for. Or rode hard and put up wet.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi kritter
Nice Sig Plenty of nice Sig's in that thread. I do not know how. I missed that thread. I noticed you don't like the plastic grips. I like the style that's on the one I have. Same as your 220. On the plain black finish one I have. I like the all black look of the gun. Yours will look nice with some wood grips. I'm going to leave mine as is. I hear you nill makes some nice grips and the are priced high to boot. Good Luck getting a nice set of grips for your 220.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very nice P-220 that you have there Jim.
I love mine. I think that the older non-rail ones are the best of the breed. Try a pair of Hogues rubber grips if the factory grips don't suit you. They really help to control the twisting under recoil that I get with the factory grips.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
m58 said:
Very nice P-220 that you have there Jim.
I love mine. I think that the older non-rail ones are the best of the breed. Try a pair of Hogues rubber grips if the factory grips don't suit you. They really help to control the twisting under recoil that I get with the factory grips.
m58
Thanks
I'll keep the hogues in mind. So far I have no issue with the grips on this one. If I intened on shooting several hundred rounds at the range. Then I would go with the Hogues. So far I had no issues even with 230grn +p loads. I don not plan of giving this one a steady diet of +P's. Even though she handles the +P's real well. I like to do short range sessions 100 to 150 rounds and I'm done for the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts