Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A picture of my Inglis H.P. it is all matching and has a inglis mag and never been refinished.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I've let a few go my very first handgun was a Browning H.P. that I had a friend buy for me and hold for a year till I was old enough I pay'd $250.00 for that one brand new. and abought 10 years late I bought a Browning Renaissance H.P. that i never shot I pay'd $1000.00 for that one. But I'm into WWI and WWII so now I'll have to find a German marked H.P.to go with my other WWII gun's. :)

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
SSB,
One of my very favorite carry guns is my FN Herstall HP. It is tolerant of all ball and HP ammo I have tried, reliable and a real eye opener for friends who have never shot the original "hi-cap" 9, that are used to shooting the various wonder nine glocks, xd's, etcetera that are, today, all too common.
Mine rides very comfortably in a G&G shoulder rig, with two extra "mousetrap" mags. I have never felt the need to address the "no mag - no shoot" issue which is really a non-issue with me.
Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is a VERY nice IHP you have there... good examples are hard to find these days... congrats...

I have liked the HP for a long time... and have found them to be excellent guns...

Mrs. cxm gave me this Ingilis HP for my birthday....

The gun came with an original holster as well...

The BATF has classified this gun with the Canadian made wood shoulder stock to be C&R and thus legal to own if you have a C&R FFL. I'm looking to find a Canadian shoulder stock holster for the gun.

The rear sight is gradiated to 500 meters... rather optimistic I think... but it will stay on a target at 100 yds.

FWIW

Chuck

G

·
0 Posts
cxm, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Inglis Hi Powers. I finally acquired my uncle's (purchased new waaaay back when) Inglis. It was unfired as he just collected and did not shoot. I then located an as new matching year original shoulder stock. It appears that it never saw service. I love shooting them and see others' reactions to the "nine". Just plain fun. Good luck in your venture.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
What is the purpose of the "scallop" that is forward of the ejection port on the right side of the slide?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's to aid you in removing the slide stop when you pull back on the slide to take the pistol down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts