Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing really existing. Preowned Mossberg 500CG 20 gauge from gun show this afternoon in Lincoln, Nebraska. Tag said $150. I asked if that was there final price. He said it was until I held up $125 in cash. No box or manual, I'll will have to check the web for that and find a video on how to dissemble for cleaning before I actually fire it. That and buy some ammo. And probably a gun case. Funny thing is I was actually thinking about a Maverick 88 12 gauge on a different table that was tagged at $169 but someone else took it while I was thinking about it. Then I found this Mossberg.

mossberg500.jpg

And sorry photo isn't the best I'll try to take a better photo and update later. Actually the smaller photo looks better than the full size.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Congratulations looks like a nice shotgun , heavy wood and steel 20 ga will be easier on your shoulder than plastic 12ga. Mrgunsngear has disassembly video on Mossberg and suggest videos on how to hold a shotgun to shoot, push and pull. I have a Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel , not really needed but felt sorry for it sitting at the pawn shop with gunked up action and dry wood.
0427191901.jpg

·
Registered
16,655 Posts
That looks to be a beauty and I have one like it and they are great shotguns. I also have a Maverick and prefer the 500CG. Hope you like it.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I called Mossberg, they're going to mail me a free manual so I dont have to print one. I should have given them the serial number and asked about date of manufacture but I didn't think of that. Based on searching web I'd guess 1983.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts