Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met an older friend in Walmart before Christmas and we started talking. Well last year he started selling off his guns (he is 75) and thought he would do this in case something happened to him. I have bought several guns from him including my M1 Garand. He said had a Single Six three screw convertible in the box and wanted to know if I would be interested. I said sure. Well after the holidays and all we met again and I looked it over. The original receipt was in the box and the gun is in very good shape with some bluing missing on the barrel. Well do not think I got hurt at 300.00. Now need a range trip. It is a Flat Top and really like the older models this way. He is the original owner.
thumbnai2l.jpg
thumbnail1.jpg
thumbnail3.jpg

·
Banned
917 Posts
Congratulations, looks nice.

Probably won't be getting into my next gun till about June, not that I need any more...

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,961 Posts
very nice.. love these old Rugers. I picked up a '61 single-six 6 1/2 inch barrel - 22 mag only one about a year ago. mine is obviously a gun that saw a lot of holster time, but as soon as I got my hands on it it was clear that it was a keeper. It has seen a lot of range time since then..

I found the original walnut grips to be a little small for my hands, but added a set of the extended Texas Grips that solved that problem right quick..

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Rodney,

Wow! What a great Start to the new DECADE!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
22,248 Posts
Sweet! Great addition to your collection. So...I wonder how many more you will be buying this year.;) Congrats!:cool:

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Well, what an excellent way to start the new year........with an excellent revolver........at an excellent price.

Good for you amigo.........enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies and am trying to get to range in next couple weeks.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Got one for the FIL Ruger are the meat and potatoes weapons.

Thewelshm

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 18 of 18 Posts