Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to snag a model 610 with a 4" barrel for $650 today, and on Tuesday I picked up an H&K Model 416 22LR AR15 pistol, with a Holosun reflex sight on it.
Two weeks ago I grabbed an ATN HD II 3-14 Night vision scope for $350, and it included the IR Illuminator.
This job is going to be very bad for me.
By the way, I just got my 1st paycheck, and not a single penny of it was spent on anything in the shop. But that probably won't be the norm.........

·
Premium Member
10,795 Posts
What a clever gun shop owner...

(Congratulations on your new goodies!)

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
You're going to need another safe it seems like.

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're going to need another safe it seems like.
I can only hope. The two that I have are nearly filled to the brim, so I've been thinking about adding another safe soon.[/quote]

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a couple of new Wilson Combat 1911's, and they're flat out awesome. It's a really good thing I'm not into 1911's.
The model 610 has been on my wish list for a few years, and paying more than $1K for one is totally out of the question. This one is affordable to me.
I have already seen some great guns go in and out of the store. Today we sold a Colt Diamondback in 22LR. It looked new, without so much as a mark of a turn line. IT was pristine. We got it in yesterday, and sold it today for $3200. That's a rich mans toy to me.
WE have 2 other 1911's that are $5K for one of them, and $6k for the other. They have records from everything ever done to them from the day they left the factory. And they have the complete ownership trail as well. Thery're really something special, and soone or later the right buyer will come along and add them to their collections to be enjoyed for more generations to come.

·
Registered
794 Posts
@gearchecker -- We warned you that this would happen!

AND: When are you heading my direction? This past week has been MUCH too hot to shoot outdoors but it can't be like this forever. I think.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, me too! So far, I've snagged a Beretta Tomcat, fired exactly 7 times, in box. Brand new CZ TSO, two vintage (but perfect) boxes of Win. Black Talons (.357 & 9mm). Yeah, this is going to be a costly "job"...

·
Premium Member
10,795 Posts
Ah... grasshopper... this way is not necessarily your path...

I've been helping out at a new local store (nformaly) and I've been selling guns through them - including some to their staff!

So... check those safes... anything lonely in there? (I am just trying to help). OKI... I tried... Interested in... say... a M1 Garand?

If you need a new safe, heck out in your region for a small company that specializes in safe sales and service. A jeweler or bank can probably recommend someone. They often have some really good deals on used safes. I've also picked up commercial safes at sales (when a business closes) and swapped them for ideal safes for handgun storage at home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts