Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . Is my Ruger SR9c. I bought in new in early 2013 and have likely run around 4000 malfunction free rounds through it. The grip feels perfect for my hand and the sights are real easy to pick up. The trigger has a wee bit of take up which is smooth and leads to a crisp 5 pound trigger pull. Had it out a couple weeks ago and finally got around to cleaning it up. With the 10 round flush magazine its an easily concealed pistol, and switchIng to the 17 round magazine is percect for the night stand
70BC573A-A1AE-4E4F-BEA8-57AFB359DBCE.jpeg Was
314CB4DB-FC9B-4A03-9CCD-DB61A64A9AE4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
I like several things about the Ruger semi-auto pistols.

They have gone through a series of design families in past years. I particularly like the P-90 series full size duty pistols. The SR series is somewhat transitional on the way to the Ruger American.

Each is an innovative design.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Awesome! I just couldnt find a plastic 9mm I liked and I tried a bunch. I didnt try the SR9 but about 6 months ago I picked up the CZ p10c. For me my search has finally ended! Love it.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Couple years ago considered a 9E at LGS Ruger sale , didn't seem right to have it with my S&W's so got a SD9VE .

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I've never been a proponent of Ruger center fire semiautomatic pistols. But with that said I've done an extensive amount of firing with the RAP 9x19mm and 45ACP, thus finding them to be excellent. There were no failures to feed, fire and the accuracy was on par with Glock and S&W service grade center fire semiautomatic pistols.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm old and been shooting a long, long time. I was never a fan of the 9mm but 9mm ammo has come such a long way in the last 10 or 15 years. So, I decided to bury my prejudice and got a 9mm Shield. Man, I love that gun. Loved it so much in fact that I went looking for a higher capacity 9mm. I didn't find a S&W that I liked or felt right and ended up with a Springfield XD. Now I'm happy and a 9mm convert.

I've never owned a Ruger semi only revolvers and I do like those too.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
While I really like my SIG 365 and my M&P 2.0, I LOVE my P7s; they just shoot everything better than my other 9s and are totally ambidextrous - nice for a LH like me.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

Fun times!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
212 Posts
The SR9c is a very nice gun. I've been a Ruger owner for years. The 9c is a great shooter but I always felt like it was just a little too big to conceal carry easily. I prefer a Shield, or the Walther PPS. Ruger customer service is great. That goes a long way to building trust in their products.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Ruger-SR9c-.jpg
I'm sure I've shown this one before. I really should get a better pic. It's been my primary carry for the past 8 years. From time to time I try something else, then come back to this one. It conceals well with the 10 round magazine. I keep a 17 round mag in reserve. I have 3 holsters for it. I usually use the simple leather IWB pictured (The Holster Store, St. Cloud, Fla). In colder weather, I go to an OWB from Com-Tac so I can reach it easier under my coat or jacket. I have an Alien Gear IWB, but it's more cumbersome on and off. Plus my thumb gets caught on the side guard flap when drawing. Regardless the holster in use, they all position the gun at the same 3:30 position.

I had it out the range yesterday, mostly working off-hand left and right at 50 feet. Sorry. Never thought to save a target pic. It's accurate and reliable shooting Federal 124gr for the most part. My wife carries a snubby .327 revolver and deadly accurate, but has shied away from semi-autos. I finally got her to try it because I want her to be familiar with it in case I'm out of a fight. No sense in having another gun to go to in case the need arises. She was pleasantly surprised. The recoil is very manageable.

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
I like that Ruger but I'm going to stick with my 39-2 for now. I also just picked up a Colt Government model 38 super from GOG. I'll start a thread later after I take some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Only have one compact/full size Ruger semi that I bought NIB, a P-345 when they were first produced.
I'd sell it but it seems there is not much demand for that model at gun shows.
My favorite's for carry as I get up in my years are Ruger LCP's.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't know if I can pick one pistol over all the others but some pistols definitely get carried more often than others.

Almost always in my pocket near forever is my FN 1906 Vest Pocket. It is super reliable and easy to conceal no matter what I'm wearing.

With a fairly heavy single action trigger as well as both the manual safety and grip safety I am comfortable carrying it in my pocket even without a holster if needed.

For sheer fun to shoot, great looks, a feel that seems made just for my individual hand as well as total reliability and accuracy one of my Colt 1903s makes the mark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts