Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My father's old duty 4586

My father was an Idaho State Trooper from 73-94. In 91 ISP switched from the Model 65 to the 4586. When he retired he was presented with his 4586 as a retirement gift. Many years ago I didn't care for it, but I now find it's a real pleasure to shoot. I just had to get the hang of it. Fine pistol and it is also staying with me. This one will never go anywhere. I'm sure you can understand why. Dad put the Houge sleeve on it years ago and it's staying on. I'm sentimental that way.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice. I wonder what stories that one could tell. enjoy

·
Super Moderator
19,409 Posts
That's one good looking lead sled you've got there. Anything in 45ACP is fun to shoot, and this is surely not an exception to the rule.
It's great that it got handed down to you. I really like seeing the presentation markings on it. Enjoy it in good health.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
222 Posts
Awesome. I love seeing heirloom guns, and having your Pop's duty weapon makes it even more special.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Good on you.

Great pistol with some history and remembrances to go with it.

Regards,

FlaRon

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Okay. Maybe not old. Experienced.
That's better :D The Hogues are better than the originals (my opinion). The trigger on the third generation semi autos are about the best there is (again, my opinion). Better than Glocks, Sigs and HKs. The only one that may come close is the S&W/Walther guns. That set up, DAO, 4 1/4", all stainless, full size frame is a no nonsense defensive weapon. Enjoy it, a better DAO .45 will be hard to find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts