Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold a few and bought another, so here is the current line up....

A pair of 22s on the left, a T/C contender and Marlin 39
Remington 700 VSSF in 223 on top
Pair of AR15s, a Larue Tactical and Rock River in 5.56
12 gauge in the center, Mossberg 500
Remington 700 CDLFS in 3006 below
US M1 Garand on the bottom in 3006
Marlin 336 in 3030 on the right

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first rifle was the Marlin 39 and I still own it after 30 years. It has thousand and thousands of 22s thru it. I did replace the wood as it got pretty messed up from wetting the wood with hoppes. The gun turned all green!

I had Winchester levers but I was not lucky with them, either lousy accuracy or misfires so I traded them away. The Marlin 336 is a trade from a Winchester and this gun I like! The camo was new that year so I bought it to be different. Nearly lost it once, because of the camo.... :mrgreen:

I had a Colt AR that was nice but the CT weapons laws forbid me from owning it back in the 90's so I traded it for a Rock River which was not on the "list". I recently sold that one to get another Rock River which is the A4 type meaning it is the flat top model where you can add all the modern optics. This one has $350 dollars worth of extra rails from one end to the other. If my eyes ever fail me, shooting irons sights gets difficult, then I can just buy a better scope.

The Larue rifle is directly due to the current lineup in Washington. I wanted a my last rifle to be wild. So this one is 100% legal with the current technologies in 3rd generation night vision. Pretty cool at night. kfjdrfirii I sold a few 9 mm pistols and an old 03 Springfield that I never could shoot well, to offset the Larue carbine build. I'm still behind on that deal.

The M1 is like my dads when he was in Japan, so this rifle reminds me of him. I can shoot 3 inch groups all day long with it. Very, very cool rifle. I did try to find out what theater it went to in WWII, but that information is not available. Bummer.

The Remington bolt guns are for steaks in the freezer, if it ever would come to that.

Here is what the Larue looks like with the NV all attached:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice collection. Too bad o and his citizen army will be visiting you soon. Post your guns and o will be at your door, everyone. A very close friend in the ATF, is worried, thus we all should be.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lightfoot

I bought and sold maybe 75 guns in my lifetime. Most of the guns went thru a dealer, some did not, so everyone knows I have them, or do I?

I also made thousands of rounds of ammo, did I shoot it all? Maybe, maybe not....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.