Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a smith who you've either used yourself or have seen their work firsthand, for a good 1911 trigger job?

I have a pre-series 70 combat commander.

What I want is a mid length or long trigger. I want it NOT to be skeletonized or to have any extra holes. What Kimber is putting on the SIS is ideal, if it were blued or black.

I'd like not to pay half what the gun is worth, and I'd like to have a turnaround shorter than one of the four seasons.

Am I asking to much? Please advise.

Eric

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Eric,

Ever consider Novak?

http://www.novaksights.com/1911.htm

Normally I would recommend King's but they are in a state of ownership transition at this point and not accepting new orders for a while....

http://kingsgunworks.com/

They are both wizards with a 1911 and have been for a long while.... having a recognized name do a trigger job will actually enhance the value of your Commander.....

If it were me, I'd give them a call...

Dad

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree with what Grandpa said...

Unless of course you want to try it yourself. I've put in different parts on series 70 guns (even some 80 series) and its not very difficult.

Through Brownells you can order any lenght and type trigger you can find.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There's not much out there within the perameters you set. I'm personally not too crazy about Polymer Parts( Something perverted about Glock-izing a 1911). If you decide to get one of the aftermarket triggers, I'd suggest the Videki Speed trigger, long. There's one residing in Number one if you'd like to see what it looks like in a 1911.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
aaawwww Drew... He called you Grampa! l;nfPNFIw ldodk4 Sorry, Dave hasn't installed the "Great big hug" emoticon...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
f150guy said:
aaawwww Drew... He called you Grampa! l;nfPNFIw ldodk4 Sorry, Dave hasn't installed the "Great big hug" emoticon...
Yeah..... *SIGH*..... I get alot of that lately..... At least I'm not sleeping with a Grandma..... :roll:

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
At least I'm not sleeping with a Grandma
I've seen some mighty fine grandmas {non-factory but still mighty fine} and I have seen,,,,,,,,,,,, Imagine two grapefruit in a pair of panty hose

But there is comfort in seeing Grandma Barb sleeping every morning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts