Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I think some of you guys have probably wondered about me not showng any pics. Well first I didn't want to post any since I don't trust the internet. Then I figured OK. Then I found that my PC wouldn't support Photobucket so I just didn't bother. Plus I think everyone expects pics or they don't respect anyone here if no pics. Sort of I guess. Anyway....

I got IT to upgrade my work LT with Flash 10 today so I figured OK. Do I really have anything to loose by posting pics? I don't know..... All you guys think it's OK. So I loaded up a couple of pics of my only Blued Rev, but my gun picture taking skills needs a lot of improvement.

This is a M29 Classic Magnum II I've had for about 19 years now. It has a 7.5" bbl that I like. It may be a bit nose heavy but the serated trigger helps with the handling and seems to counter the front weight a bit. It shoots perfect and is a tack driver.

Anyway, let me know what you think!!! (about gun and improving pics). Can anyone give me some S&W info on this? I know it is a limited production and think only 750 were made. There is a brother to this model as a M629 Classic Magnum. I think this came first then mine, not sure.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Very nice Dave, we love pictures!! If you want tips on taking a cool picture, just look at the ones some of the guys here take.( Not mine! LOL) They look like the could be in a magaizine!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice gun. Looks like the big blue brother to mine..

Just keep experimenting with the pics. Its fun and you will find the exact back ground and lighting to really bring the gun out.

kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Plus I think everyone expects pics or they don't respect anyone here if no pics. Sort of I guess
We like pictures but none of us require them.
Like Chris {Nframe} said, keep playing with the camera, try a darker back ground, difused lighting and the like. You know, all the stuff I never get around to to get a great picture :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
WGlide90 said:
Hi Folks,

Plus I think everyone expects pics or they don't respect anyone here if no pics. Sort of I guess.
Absolutely not the case. I, for one, simply turn into Jo Jo the Circus Boy when someone talks about a gun they have and gotta have pictures. :lol:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Jo Jo the circus boy??? Really??

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
LOL, I never heard that used before and had to look it up:

1. JoJo the Circus Boy:
A person in the service industry waiter, waitress, cashier, etc... that looks mentally retarded or extremely ugly.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks Dom... I just pee'd a little! njgapjgj

G

·
0 Posts
LeMat said:
WGlide90 said:
Hi Folks,

Plus I think everyone expects pics or they don't respect anyone here if no pics. Sort of I guess.
Absolutely not the case. I, for one, simply turn into Jo Jo the Circus Boy when someone talks about a gun they have and gotta have pictures. :lol:
OK Evan,

How in the hell do I get rid of that mental picture.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Hunter, seeing all the great pics from the other guys puts mine to shame.

Nframe, Nice Classic.

azmick and LeMat, I want to see pics as much as the most avid here as well. So I felt a little guilty for a while, not having any pics up there myself.

I think I need to try more diffused light as you guys say. It seems that intense light does show high gloss but in a narrow tangent line to the gun's radii. While darkening the off tangent areas. I've noticed that the good pics show a wider highlighted reflection showing the features better.

Should be better next time. You'll be able to see the gun better.

Anyway, anyone else have 7.5"rs? Unfluted?

Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Dave, I know what you mean, these guys take some really nice pictures. I just have my son take a bunch of pictures and I pick the one I like the best. It seems the pros use a light box, someone posted directions on how to build one from PVC pipes and some lamps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts