Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded this one off about a year or so ago. Before I got home I was kicking myself, but knowing the fellow I'd traded it to, I had a pretty good chance it would come back to me, if I wanted it.

I noticed a few weeks ago that he had it up for sale on a local "gun for sale" board. I watched it as it just languished for weeks, then a month. I threw out a trade offer, but he turned it down.

Then a couple weeks later, I ran one of my unused guns for sale. I got a trade offer from him. Your gun for mine? A deal was made, and the "wanderer" came home yesterday.

1954, 5 screw, K-22 Combat Masterpiece. Diamond Magna's number to the gun. The BK came out of my "I might need this someday drawer." It's not pristine, but it does have "character."

Pre18.jpg

Pre18a.jpg

This time, it's here to stay.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Congrats on getting it back into the collection. Only fitting that you should take it out for a reunion shoot!:)

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I traded this one off about a year or so ago. Before I got home I was kicking myself, but knowing the fellow I'd traded it to, I had a pretty good chance it would come back to me, if I wanted it.

I noticed a few weeks ago that he had it up for sale on a local "gun for sale" board. I watched it as it just languished for weeks, then a month. I threw out a trade offer, but he turned it down.

Then a couple weeks later, I ran one of my unused guns for sale. I got a trade offer from him. Your gun for mine? A deal was made, and the "wanderer" came home yesterday.

1954, 5 screw, K-22 Combat Masterpiece. Diamond Magna's number to the gun. The BK came out of my "I might need this someday drawer." It's not pristine, but it does have "character."

View attachment 427569

View attachment 427571

This time, it's here to stay.
If for some reason you want to sell it again make sure you list it here. I like, I like.:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am happy for you that you got it back .. Of all the guns I have sold off I only have two that I regret.
A 629 that I was deadly accurate with and was just a hoot to shoot
and
A Springfield TRP. For whatever reason that TRP and me had a connection. First outing it locked up because it was so tightly fit that once it got a little hot it locked up. I went home and racked it about 500 times while watching tv and it never happened again but !!!

I did that with the TRP at 7 yds. standing unsupported and that is 21 rounds!!
I have never been able to replicate it with any other gun. Damn I wish I still had that one :(

I am smarter now and dont let new pretty girls sway me from my tried and trues

target1crop.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts