Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend (and fellow shooter) had cancer surgery, chemo and radiation and one subsequent surgery. She feels so very blessed to have had this most excellent medical care. BUT NOW she is reading sad stories from more and more women who can not get any help or treatment at all because of the "lockdown" regulations.

Here is what she posted on her own facebook page - please also share it with as many others as you can. Note that she is not asking people to break the rules, but to follow them absolutely, to limit the time to as short as possible so those who desperately need medical help can get it! I put her words to that effect in bold type, below.

"I feel extremely blessed to have had my surgery when I did because within just a few days the hospitals began cancelling "elective" surgeries". If nothing else comes from this post, it is my prayer that you pray for those that have had to wait for reconstructive surgery post-cancer.

Even more, though, for those that have had their mastectomies cancelled that is supposed to be removing the cancer. The fear these ladies are facing is unsurmountable and it absolutely breaks my heart knowing that they were recently diagnosed with cancer and now told they are cancelling surgery. To make things more frightening, the doctors are not doing any other preventative measures to stop or even slow down the cancer.

In a time like this with fears escalated, the addition of a potentially deadly virus and now not knowing when they will be able to begin fighting the cancer and saving their lives they need and deserve our prayers. Please spread the word that the COVID-19 is affecting more than social distancing inconveniences, it is affecting lives that are not otherwise affected by the virus. If that doesn't give people a reason to follow the rules so we can flatten the curve, I don't know what will. PRAY, Please PRAY! "

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hey SG,

Prayer sent for your Lady Friend.

Full Healing.

May a cure be found soonest.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Health Center in hamlet I live in, staffed by one nurse & PA, with a MD that visits weekly, has closed "indefinitely." I depend on it heavily for routine blood pressure checks, meds, similar stuff. Hospital that had been operating it is 30 m. of mountain roads away! Both the nurse & PA live right here in the village, so what the bloody hell? Means someone with "suspicious" symptoms has to drive to hospital, which if they don't have "it" when they go in, they may when they go out, so damned if I'll do it unless I'm already in bad shape.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Prayers and blessings sent for all. We are all passing through, find the narrow road, the wide one will suck.. God Bless

thewewlshm

·
Registered
782 Posts
As always, they are on their way. I'm having a very hard time understanding the medical profession's cancellation of any cancer patient's surgery. In my opinion that is not an Elective Surgery and I personally would be sueing the wholly crap out of whoever cancelled this surgery. Sorry for the rant, but treating any cancer patient this way really lights my rocket.

Joe

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
As always, they are on their way. I'm having a very hard time understanding the medical profession's cancellation of any cancer patient's surgery. In my opinion that is not an Elective Surgery and I personally would be sueing the wholly crap out of whoever cancelled this surgery. Sorry for the rant, but treating any cancer patient this way really lights my rocket.

Joe
And sadly what would you accomplish? They would string you out until you died. The virus has bigger world consequences. Not that is correct for our posters issue..I pray for everyone, if we pass... make sure you are right with the Lord, judgement comes to us all....

Thewelshm

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Prayers sent from SWMO. This is definitely going to get worse before it gets better.
My wife is a melanoma patient, and went in for treatment last week. I was really torn between wanting her to have treatment and not wanting her to be around the people at the cancer center. Her immune system ain't great on a good day.
Be there for your friend Granny. Right now that may be the best thing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
As a retired physician, all I can say is that even those in my former profession aren’t immune to panic. Personally, when I was in a direct patient care situation, I took all of the prudent precautions, and then went about my normal duties. That’s what my practicing colleagues did back then, too, and what those still in active practice still do today. Those who’re acting as those described herein are, in my judgment, an embarrassment to my former profession. It just goes to show you – unbridled panic knows no boundaries.

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
Prayers for your friend and her family.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
58 Posts
My best friend (and fellow shooter) had cancer surgery, chemo and radiation and one subsequent surgery. She feels so very blessed to have had this most excellent medical care. BUT NOW she is reading sad stories from more and more women who can not get any help or treatment at all because of the "lockdown" regulations.

Here is what she posted on her own facebook page - please also share it with as many others as you can. Note that she is not asking people to break the rules, but to follow them absolutely, to limit the time to as short as possible so those who desperately need medical help can get it! I put her words to that effect in bold type, below.
I had bladder cancer surgery on March 4 and by the time I got out on the 16th the same thing was happening here in Tucson. It was an ordeal but I feel fortunate to get it done when I did. As she said please keep in your prayers all those people who now are in limbo waiting to get on with their life saving cancer treatments. I just got my stents out today and they had my pathology report; no other cancer present in any samples, but a small new cancer in the prostate which was removed in the surgery anyway. I wish her and everyone who has their treatments and surgeries postponed the best of luck and all our prayers are with them.

OldFarmBoy

·
Registered
782 Posts
And sadly what would you accomplish? They would string you out until you died. The virus has bigger world consequences. Not that is correct for our posters issue..I pray for everyone, if we pass... make sure you are right with the Lord, judgement comes to us all....

Thewelshm
Welshman,

Your right about them stringing you out with a lawsuit, but my HOPE would be that by filing it they would open their dang eyes to what they are truly doing by cancelling this type of surgery. Having been through 2 bouts of Cancer, I can pretty well tell you what this person is going through right now and it ain't a pretty picture. Damn Hospitals need to get their heads out of their anal cavities and take care of business. True there are lots of "elective" surgeries and I agree with them being put off. Treating Cancer with Surgery is not an elective surgery in my opinion. So I stand by my statement to sue the living crap out of them.

Joe

Prayers are on their way and I'm done with this topic

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 14 of 14 Posts