Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Since I retired last May Maggie has been by my side 24 hours a day. Honestly she is the friendliest dog I have ever owned. I can always count on her to brighten up my day and she never asks for anything. My days would be very lonely without her. A great companion!!!! View attachment 435725
Dog is God backwards mate...

thewelshm

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
Maggie is a beautiful companion, you're a lucky man! I'm glad you found her, I remember there was a low point in your life regarding 4-legged friends, but God is now beaming sunshine on you always with Maggie! :)

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Maggie is a beautiful companion, you're a lucky man! I'm glad you found her, I remember there was a low point in your life regarding 4-legged friends, but God is now beaming sunshine on you always with Maggie! :)
Yes, I too remember...................I'm so glad your best friend is with you.

God Bless you both,

Geezer

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I went through that same scenario for 8 years after I had to put my 14.5 year old Golden down. She was so polite. In 14.5 years I could count the number of times she barked on two hands and have fingers left over. I could walk her off the leash even when running into neighbors out with their dog. Totally worthless as a guard dog, but priceless as a constant companion.

Two Thanksgiving ago, my wife and I found a cool rescue to adopt - half Lab (of some type) and half Rhodesian Ridgeback - VERY loving and VERY protective...............

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
I went through that same scenario for 8 years after I had to put my 14.5 year old Golden down. She was so polite. In 14.5 years I could count the number of times she barked on two hands and have fingers left over. I could walk her off the leash even when running into neighbors out with their dog. Totally worthless as a guard dog, but priceless as a constant companion.

Two Thanksgiving ago, my wife and I found a cool rescue to adopt - half Lab (of some type) and half Rhodesian Ridgeback - VERY loving and VERY protective...............
It's hard, these aren't just dogs as many would think, they become our family. I had sworn off dogs, but 6 years ago I found myself taking in a pup that my son rescued from a bad situation, Rocky. Although I still consider him a pup, he's not and I certainly am not! I've found myself lately trying to imagine life without him and I immediately shut off the idea altogether, there's no future in that way of thinking! :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Glad you and Maggie found each other. Best companions and all they ask for is food, water and companionship. They always have my love.
Mine also has control of a couch, both beds, the back seat of my 4-door pick-up and the back seat of my wife's Flex.............

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
If Maggie could type, she'd probably be saying the same things about you. Treasure your time together.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Because we both traveled so much, my wife and I never had a dog or any other pets. When we retired 22 years ago one of the first things we did was get a dog, two of them actually, both adopted from the animal shelter. I honestly can't imagine life now without sharing it with a dog. Good luck to you and Maggie.

To the poster who mentioned the Rhodesian Ridgeback and it being protective. Our son had one and it couldn't have cared less about him or his wife but you go too close to any of those 4 kids and your next stop was going to be the Emergency Department. The kids had to take you by the hand and formally introduce you to the dog. Even then he would lay there and watch your every move. It was kind of disconcerting to say the least.

·
Registered
20,991 Posts
Maggie is a beautiful dog! Great to hear that you enjoy each others company.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Our dog (Flick) is now 17 years old. She's a rescue puppy, just a year younger than her Mom who passed a couple years ago. They came out of a puppy mill, so she's poodle/terrier/xxx multi-breed, but just like a daughter to us. We know her days are numbered, but she's still pretty healthy, although pretty deaf and really bad eyesight now.

Img_2432.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts