Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 S&W 686.jpg

When I posted everyone said Pic's....! So hear they are, my babies....! The 4" is just back from S&W Warranty and I just added the 2.5" last Saturday. Still have to get to the range and put out a range report.... but I am certain that they will both exceed my shooting abilities... however it will be fun. I know that wood stocks are desired, but I intend to shoot these and need to reduce recoil as much as I can due to arthritis....!

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
That is a nice looking pair of 686's. My 617 and my 3 inch 686 both came with those same rubber grips. As far as rubber goes, I think those are about the best looking out there, and they do absorb some recoil

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice 686s. I've been on the verge of buying a 686 2.5" a couple times. I agree the rubber grips for arthritic hands from personal experience. Did they ever make a fixed sight 686?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice 686s. I've been on the verge of buying a 686 2.5" a couple times. I agree the rubber grips for arthritic hands from personal experience. Did they ever make a fixed sight 686?
I don't know about a fixed rear sight from the factory for 686's..... Someone with the knowledge will have to answer that one.

·
Premium Member
10,760 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice pair of revolvers, and those two barrel lengths cover a lot of different chores. Having the same grip configuration is also a bonus, in my opinion. Enjoy them!

·
Registered
22,038 Posts
Sweet pair of revolvers. I have a 6" no dash 686. Thanks for sharing the pic we like that here! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts