Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
That is/was a great looking ride....

Yep on the kamikaze juice...they put it in the steering wheels of them "fureen karz"....

The owners all overdose on it...Their teeth get to "bucking". Their fool eyes to "crossing".. They yell "BONZAI! HAI!"... and smash into the closest/nicest AMERICAN CAR they can reach!

See it here all the time. 4 out of 5 accidents are caused by them "fureen karz"...

·
Premium Member
12,841 Posts
That's a beauty. I've had two.

A 1967 Convertible I bought new and sold when I got orders to Vietnam.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

And a 1966 Fastback I bought in 1989 as a present from retiring from the Air Force. I still have this one.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Cloud

·
Registered
37,609 Posts
That's a beauty. I've had two.

A 1967 Convertible I bought new and sold when I got orders to Vietnam.

View attachment 562730

And a 1966 Fastback I bought in 1989 as a present from retiring from the Air Force. I still have this one.

View attachment 562731
My friend down my block had a 67 convertible. Well, in reality, it was his mom's. He jacked up the rear end, put Chrry Bombs on, Cragar mas, etc. Wathcing her put put down the street looking between the stering whell and the dashboard was funny - we called her the "Mustang Momma in the Mean Green Machine". Now when my friend had it, we could put 9 in it if the girls were skinny (and they were) - three in the front, three in the tiny back seat, and three sitting up on the back where the top retracted. Everytime we hi a bump we would bust that glass rear window and we all pitched in some of our beer money to get new ones. But it was a fun ride, even in NYC

Reactions: K22

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
This is all that remains of my 76 black and gold 60th anniversary edition Trans Am. It was a 455 4 speed car. Bought it new right off the truck.
Font Metal Wing Fashion accessory Artifact
Unfortunately I wasn't adult enough to handle some adult beverages and met up with a 40" diameter maple tree.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Great thread! Too bad about the little mustang coupe getting destroyed.

I have a 67 coupe with an in line 6 that I rebuilt over 30 years ago, when I was in Vo Tech school, right after High School.
Also own Two, 1973 Fast backs, one is a plane jane 302 powered car, and the other is a Q code, Mach 1, with a 351 Cobra Jet engine, and a 4 speed top loader.
Marriage, 3 kids and life, have got in the way of fixing those 2 cars up. They are both rust free, have around 100,000 miles on the clocks, and have been in the barn for many years. The green one has been there since 1983 and the Blue one since 1991.
Hope to retire in 2 years and make a point to fix at least one of them up

Reactions: Old Montanan

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Just be cautious and don't put too much money into these as when it comes to selling them, and we all do sooner or later, young people don't care. My experience is vast.
Not bragging, just being upfront.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Now I don't have photos to post but i'm literally just back home from helping a friend bolt a Continental 7 cylinder radial engine into his 59 GMC truck. Going to be an awesome build. I will get photos when I can. BTW he prefabbed the mounts from measurements and it absolutely bolted right together.

·
Registered
22,196 Posts
My philosophy about old cars. Like old women, temperamental and hard to start plus always needing new parts.

• Haha
Reactions: scoutingranch

·
Premium Member
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The coupes handled better than the fastbacks ('65 thru '66) Just the extra bit of glass and steel roof sides on the rear of the fastback oddly made a difference. The coupe was more centered.
But that fastback was better looking.
Of all the neat collector cars I've owned, I never got my dream ride. A '66 Shelby Mustang. Which in reality was a K code solid lifter engine with a different carb and headers.
The prices are now stupid so I'm out. I'm trying to find a picture of my last '70 Boss 302. Those are neat cars indeed.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I had two B2's. The orange one had a pile of bondo so I moved it along. Then came the rust free SoCal car. I sold it to get into vintage Lotus Elans which can be considered a plus or a minus. The '69 and '70 B2's ride and corner very well. If I recall correctly, Mark Donahue was involved in the suspension design and testing. A '71 B2 was made but the car was not to my artistic taste.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts