Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few picture's of my 2nd model H.E. .455 that went to England in 1915 or so .It was converted to .45 acp when it came back to the USA

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
SSB,
Beautiful "classic" lines and "just right" character! I'll bet she's a real pleasure to shoot.
Mike

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice looking H.E....
I have a New Century " triple lock" from 1914 that was also converted from .455 to 45ar that is similarly marked..

(I haven't fired mine as of yet, the previous owner did. However I just read awhile back on another fourm, about one having the cylinder crack using modren .45auto amunition,, it may have been a once in a life time thing, but I'm going to "cook up" some lite-loads just for plinking.. These guns are quickly reaching the 100 year old mark.. and parts are becoming hard to come by..)

Now that the horror story is over,,,, they are wonderfull guns, love the action and craftsmanship , Not to mention for their age, and where they were sent , and at what time frame in history , it's a good possabilty that they are some of the few that have actually " been there & done that"

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmitch I can't say as I've not shot it yet some day I will though when I have the time to make up some soft target load's as this old of a gun dosn't have a heat treated cylinder.
DITTO what kritter said !!!!!!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Two WW-1 vets, the Webley belonged to a Royal Flying Corps Officer, rechambered by him to 45 ACP, when he came to America. I bought it from his son (my lawyer) with holster and Sam Browne belt. . .I had the 2nd Model Mk ll rechambered to 45 Colt, being that 455 Eley was hard to come by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts