Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my M28-2 wearing it's Eagle 'Heritage' Cokes.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Good looking HP. klgasilBRVO

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't say that about mine, it's been fired alot but, it's still locking up like a bank-vault. Only problem, and it's not a real problem is the Cylinder-Gap. It's a hefty .008. Have a hard time getting over 1200fps with it. Ought to send it to S&W for a new barrel but, I doubt they have any -2 pinned barrels laying around.

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Dave, that's one sweet 28! What's the story behind it? Beautiful stocks, that darker hue is hot man!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blackcloud, I bought it off a retired Ohio state Trooper about three years ago. No markings on it so I doubt it was issued to him. I shoot with alot of Cops, local, deputies and some troopers. Lotta gunnuts here in Ohio. When I bought it it had a pair of Goodyears on it. Between the razzing I got here and the fact that I didn't like them either, it kinda pushed me. Those are Eagle 'Heritage' Cokes. Had I known about Keith Brown they wouldn't be on it. His work is outstanding. They're Walnut but, like everything else I own I went over them with Tung-Oil. It's hard to see but while they're dark, they have a slight Reddish hue to them. I have a pair of S&W factory K-Frame Footballs on my K38 I did the same thing to. they came out the same way.
Dave

·
Banned
732 Posts
"Ought to send it to S&W for a new barrel but, I doubt they have any -2 pinned barrels laying around."

If the barrel is good otherwise, Smith would just set the barrel back a turn to narrow the B/C gap. Don't need a new barrel.

kfjdrfirii

Bruce

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is embarrassing, I never thought of that and I'm supposed to be a gunsmith!! Problem is, I don't have any of my machines or most of my jigs anymore,. When I checked the gap I automatically thought about a new barrel. It's hell getting old!!!

lgfhj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts