Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for ground hog season. Savage 340 in Remington 222, 340 in 22 hornet and Winchester 43 in 218 bee. I've had the 222 for many years and it puts a bullet where you point it. The hornet and the bee are fairly new acquistions. Both have new scopes installed. So I shot them at 25 yards to get them on the paper. The hornet put them at point of aim and could cover them with a dime. The bee was 11" to the right and 6" low. Adjusted the scope to left and up. I got it close to point of sin but used up few shells i had. Need to load some hornet and bee this week.

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
I think you definitely have the tools to do the job. Good hunting!

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
I have had 2 Savage 340's. Both in 30-30 an they're both tack drivers. I gave them to a couple of boys I sort of adopted. They're like my grandkids. This weekend I'm taking a bunch of 30-30 ammo for them to shoot up, so they can get used to shooting these rifles, and find out just how accurate they are.
I had never heard of a 30-30 bolt action rifle until I got the first one. The best part is they can shoot the new Hornady spire point hunting bullets with these. They don't have to stick with the LeveRevolution ammo, even thought that's good stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts