Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I could afford 2 main gun interests it would be S&W revolvers AND 1911's
It keeps me broke, but those are all I'll buy, and only the older S&W's, between 1961-1982. My 1911's are all fairly new, though from about 2010 or later. I don't have as many 1911's either, but here they are, along with a couple of JMB's other designs. All different calibers. Right side, top to bottom: RIA GI 1911, .38 Super; SA 1911A1, .45 Auto; Ruger SR1911, 10mm Auto. Left side, top to bottom: BHP MkIII, .40S&W; Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless, .32 Auto; SA EMP4, 9x19mm.
Font Trigger Material property Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It has finally arrived, stainless Springfield Loaded in 45. This one has been on my list for quite a while. She is still dirty. Gave it a wipe down with a rag just for the purpose of the pics. It’ll get a test run this weekend.
Air gun Trigger Font Everyday carry Wood

Air gun Everyday carry Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Got another Kimber Stainless in 45 that is in route should be here Friday.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You guys have impressive collections. I feel like a Walmart shopper that accidently wandered into Neiman-Marcus but, here goes. Yesterday I stopped at a shop, they had this RIA FS 9mm. It came with case, 2 pair of grips, 2 mags and, best of all, was priced to move at $299. Hood Air gun Trigger Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You guys have impressive collections. I feel like a Walmart shopper that accidently wandered into Neiman-Marcus but, here goes. Yesterday I stopped at a shop, they had this RIA FS 9mm. It came with case, 2 pair of grips, 2 mags and, best of all, was priced to move at $299. View attachment 550477
RIA makes a good gun. That’s what that black one is in the middle of my family pic above.

·
Registered
36,074 Posts
Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Kimber Rapide Dawn in 9mm has arrived. I love this gun. Been through 6 mags now. No malfunctioning.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Gadget Wood Office supplies Tints and shades Metal

Wood Office supplies Microphone Material property Tints and shades

Hand Wood Audio equipment Personal protective equipment Auto part

Sight picture is good
Watch Wood Automotive tire Font Tints and shades

front strap
Finger Carbon Audio equipment Gadget Cylinder

backstrap
Hand Tin Finger Wood Everyday carry

I am temporarily out of factory 9mm ammo so I ran some 115gr barely subsonic hand loads loaded with Bullseye. Incredible handling.
Wood Air gun Trigger Rectangle Gun barrel

·
Registered
384 Posts
The first Springfield Garrison showed up Friday. Still working the bugs out. Here are some pics.
View attachment 552563
View attachment 552562
View attachment 552561

I also ordered a Kimber Rapide Dawn in 9mm. That will bring me to 4 handguns in 9mm (after I sold off most of my polymer). 3 of them are full size 1911s, the other is a Springfield XD compact.
I love these Garrisons, and have a hankering to get one. I just wish they came with front strap checkering or serrations. They have that traditional look I love. Congratulations!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Apparently haven’t updated this thread in a while.

Sanded down the slide of the 45 and one of the 10mm Kimbers, installed VZ Fallout grips on them and installed new main spring housings with integrated magwell. This gave them the look and feel of the Kimber Rapide.
Wood Font Knife Gun accessory Blade

Replaced the grips on one of the Springfield Loadeds with pewter “Remember 9-11” grips and pewter skull grips on two of the Garrisons. I took the CA compliant Springfield loaded to auction and bought another Loaded to replace it. I have another set of “Remember 9-11” grips for it when it shows up Monday.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Here are the 6 of those together.
Product Trigger Air gun Font Gun barrel

I bought new walnut stars and bars grips with aluminum inlayed crosses for the Metro Arms American Classics. I have another one in 10mm at my FFL waiting for pickup and have a third set of those grips for it.
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Line

Had to sand off the part of the grip that covers the plunger tube so they would fit with the oversized controls on the ACII.
Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Also have a Kimber Raptor arriving tomorrow.

In total, one Kimber 10mm, one Springfield CA Loaded, one Springfield Garrison and my RIA BBR 3.10 went to auction.

On Monday, I will have the following my collection:

2 hard chrome MetroArms ACII’s in 45
1 hard chrome MetroArms ACII in 10mm
1 Kimber Stainless II in 45
1 Kimber Stainless II in 10mm
1 Kimber Rapide Dawn in 9mm
1 Kimber Raptor in 45
1 S&W E-Series SW1911 in 45
2 Springfield Loaded in 45
1 Springfield Garrison in 45
1 Springfield Garrison in 9mm

All but the S&W and the Raptor will have some type of customization, even if it’s just grips.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts