Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clouds hung low, cold, and humid. The back yard gave full view to

the black walnut trees and the clearing sky beyond. My partner and I wandered past the walnuts, and to our surprise

found tracks beyond them. I thought that the dogs barking in the yard would have frightened any deer away, but obviously they had not. We decided to move the trail camera to see what kind of pictures it could give us.

As we approached the camera, he covered me with his war-weary but elegant sword. Just the night before, that camera had earn its due by capturing this

and other shots like it. But now it was time for that never-sleeping soldier to change his post. As I reached for the camera, I noticed something on the case. Touching it, I felt something sticky that left a trace of red on my fingers. Then I looked up.

This tree that held the camera had been the scene of some bloody deed. Since it was still sticky, it must have been the night before. Ten feet up, I saw a wash of red nearly 15 inches long

trailing down the tree to the camera.

What bloody deed had transpired in the darkest night? Who could have committed such a heinous murder? Was the killer still in the area? Could he have been watching us even at that moment? Fortunately, my partner had his sword. We took the camera and quickly left the scene.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Not too worry Mr. Parson.... it;s only Wise Old Mr. Owl proving once again that Hunting at Night can be very effective....

Was there no fur or feathers lying about? Something that bled that much must've been quite large... Rabbit Perhaps? Youngish Possum?

In your prudent haste to egress the killing ground you may have missed a few clues....

Drew

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ahhhh, murder mysteries are always interesting!!! Will the investigation be on-going??

I suspect the murderer will return to the scene of the crime in another night or two.

Don

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm guessing bobcat or larger....?

I've found similar sign up in the big willows along my ditch in back - but never that much blood.

xtm

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No mud below, just leaves and twigs. My meager tracking skills could detect no tracks. No tufts of fur or feathers, either. I think one of the bobcats on the place is the perp, but owls live on the place and hawks and eagles work it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sebago Son, you may be onto something.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
So what do you have for a zombie gun {just in case}

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
azmick said:
So what do you have for a zombie gun {just in case}
The top Model 29 oughta do unless it is a democrat. I don't know how to get rid of those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts