Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, This is my first post. My name is Ji (Like Hi but with a J). I have been a deer hunter all my life and decided that I wanted something a little different than my Browning 270 so I just purchased my M&P 10 Camo. I like the assault rifle style but other than my issued ar15 I havent owned an assault rifle of my own.

I plan on using my rifle for hunting and some target practice just to keep efficient with the gun.

I purchased a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 scope to go with it.

I am now trying to find out what mount to get. I have found the Leupold Mark 2 IMS 1' integral mounting system that I like but its $85. I was going to go with some Leupold rings for like $20.

My questions are:
Will just the scope rings work and work well?
Is there a benefit/downfall to a mounting system like the Mark 2 system?

Any other suggestions are very much welcomed.

Thank you for your help in advance!!

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lots of good friendly folks here. The only problem w/ standard rings is it might make your scope too low, a 1/2" riser usually fixes that & costs under $20. The entire setup on mine (rings & riser) was under $30. On the AR platform there's no drop to the stock so the sights/scope needs to be higher to compensate. Just make sure when you get it set up the scope is in the correct position, so you don't need to move your head to focus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts