Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've got an M&P Sport II (my first AR) and I'd like to mount a Streamlight ProTac 2 (including pressure pad) to it. I'm trying to figure out what the best mounts are going to be. I've got the Magpul MOE M-LOK Handguard on it.

Mounting the Light:
I originally wanted to mount it on the right side with the Arisaka Inline Scout Mount. However, the Magpul MOE Handguard has a bit of a protrusion towards the end of the handguard, which would not allow me to mount the Arisaka mount flat in the furthest forward M-LOK slot. However, it might work if I mounted it in the middle M-LOK slot on the handguard. This would be the best option for keeping the light tight to the gun.

Any offset mount is not going to work as it would actually put the light right into the front A2 sight (due to the fact that the M-LOK on the side of the handguard is not at 90 degrees).

I'm thinking the only mount that is going to work is the Magpul Cantilever Light Mount.

Mounting the Pressure Pad:
Unfortunately there are no M-LOK mounts on top of the Magpul MOE handguard. So I'm thinking the only way to mount the pressure pad is going to be some sort of tape or zip ties. I could maybe find an M-LOK mount for the left side? I do have my Sling QD attachment in the first M-LOK slot on the left side, which only leaves me two M-LOK slots.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

1 - 1 of 1 Posts