Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember if I saw it in this forum, or another, but has anyone ever used Mothers aluminum polish to clean your stainless cylinder? Thought I'd post before and after pics. Went to the range today and put 200 rounds of WWB FMJs and about 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 158 grn JHPs Magnums through it. I've used it to clean my cylinders for a while, and also to polish the gun with.

This is before removing the cylinder. Using Mothers is the first step I do when cleaning. After that, and cleaning all the Mothers off...I clean as normal. This step only takes a few minutes, and works great. Revolver looks as new! Sorry about my crappy camera. Pics where the cylinder is dirty are much darker than the pics make them look.

After removal

Pretty dirty

Apply Mothers and start scrubbing with and old bore brush

Partially done

Clean!

Hope this helps anyone....

·
Registered
402 Posts
+ 1 on the Mother's Mag and Wheel polish. I use it to keep my stainless guns looking bright and new.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if I'd do it to a nickle plate....The polish would be ok....?, but I don't know about the brush...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mothers is really good stuff, but I'd recommend against using it on the cylinder face.

Mothers is polishing compound, and in time, say 100 cleanings the cylinder face will not be flat plus the cylinder air gap will grow etc.

But, I'm guilty of cleaning this area too...Just go easy on the face.
Here is a letter I wrote to the NRA "dopebag" for help on this matter, as I needed a referee on a bet that I had... fnovnpoa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/ ... opeBag.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts