Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get a shotgun sometime in the near future, was looking at Remington 870 home defense, the new Mossberg retrograde, basically something with wood. The LGS got in the new Mossberg590a1 retrograde and it’s a really cool gun. But what is the difference between it and the 590? It’s about a 400 price difference and the ghost ring sights are nice but not 400 dollar nice.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
the 590 and 590 A_! are the same actions. The 590 -A! has the heavier barrel requested by the Marine Corps ghost ring Sights . Also the 590A1 has the extended magazine capacity.

590A1 has been extensively used and tested by our armed services. My 590A1 will do rigle slug head shots at 75 yards from a rest.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Save yourself $400 bucks, buy a 500, and practice with your new friend. The latest and greatest version of any gun is usually just more glitz and glamour. $400 buys a lot of ammo and a gun is worth zip without it.

·
Super Moderator
34,476 Posts
We picked this one up a few years ago with two ammo cans of Federal 2 3/4" OO buckshot 700 rounds:

Neither of us hunt with a shotgun so it has one use. Nice shotgun but I have trouble pumping the action with my short arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts