Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was high adventure..... Cush and his son Cole joined me and my sons Drew Jr and Ryan and Drew Jrs soon-to-be stepson Andy and we explored a new pond in south Western Maine..... this was our first trip onto this water and we were not blessed with any trout as we had hoped..... but it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the company of many like minded friends.... here's a few snapshots.... we all hope you enjoy them....

Cush and his boy Cole .... Ryan lounging in the background....

Cole and Katie the Wonderlab...

Yours truely flanked by Cole on the left and Drew Jr. on the right.... and Yup that flag has just gone off....

Ryan reeling one in.....

The Crew....

Andy and me skimming holes....

Katie takes her customary seat.... this time on Andy....

Not many fish to show... there would have been more but Kate ate a few when no one was looking.....

This may be the last trip of the season as the ice was already beginning to degrade.... this week is supposed to be in the 30's and 40's so I don't think it will be safe to fish this coming weekend.... but if it is we'll put up the photos.... 3 more weeks until open water trout / salmon season!

Drew

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Kohl will remember this day for years. Catching fish is just icing on the cake

G

·
0 Posts
Looks like you are having a great time.

So how long is ice fishing season on average?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
gtivan said:
Looks like you are having a great time.

So how long is ice fishing season on average?
Greg, ice fishing in Maine lasts from when the ice forms (~December) until March 31 if the ice is still good. Generally speaking though, fishing for Maine's game fish (ie: salmon and trout) begins on January 1. If you catch a salmon or trout prior to that the fish must be released.

Drew, thanks for the invite. Cole and I had a blast! Although the adults were hoping for a big fat brown, the pickerel kept Cole and Andy entertained and that is what it is all about. I enjoyed hanging out with Ryan and DJ and hope we can get together more often. I'm just now recovering from the wicked sunburn I received, and I know I'm not the only one! A good day had by all. ;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cush,

You forgot how busy the Pickerel kept Katie!

I am really glad we put in the time and got this done.... I think that our families mesh well and I am continually surprised by your well behaved and well schooled sons... it's pretty obvious that their Dad takes the time to show them the woods and what they need to know there....

I just wished we gotten a snapshot of Cole with a pair of Pickerel tails hanging out of the pockets of his coveralls....

Looking forward to Open Water.....

Drew

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cush,

You forgot how busy the Pickerel kept Katie!

I am really glad we put in the time and got this done.... I think that our families mesh well and I am continually surprised by your well behaved and well schooled sons... it's pretty obvious that their Dad takes the time to show them the woods and what they need to know there....

I just wished we gotten a snapshot of Cole with a pair of Pickerel tails hanging out of the pockets of his coveralls....

Looking forward to Open Water.....

Drew

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Great pics Drew! Cush its good to see you and your boys out doing stuff like that. (not sure 'bout wanderin' on the ice lookin' for fish though??? :shock: )

I got the biggest laugh of Katie on Cole's lap!! :lol: :lol: We went camping in the back yard this weekend. A nice 78 degree day!!! :p

Chris

·
Registered
132 Posts
drew, i was going to go ice fishing today, but i had to mow and weed eat. i didn't feel safe going out there at 78 DEGREES. afraid my shorts might not keep me warm. those are great pics of a great time. i've got to do that some time. it's on my "bucket" list. lee

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'Come on up Lee! Bring Chris with you! I'm sure it will get cold enough again to make more ice in a few months ......

At least I won't have to think about raking and weeding for another 6 weeks .....

Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts