Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,724 Posts
I believe a distributor, or big dealer. They were big enough to place special orders from S&W for special configurations. This would have been back in the 30's I think

·
Registered
389 Posts
I believe a distributor, or big dealer. They were big enough to place special orders from S&W for special configurations. This would have been back in the 30's I think
Wolf & Klar were indeed both a distributor and dealer for Colt and S&W. Their retail store in Ft. Worth existed from the 1890s to the 1960s. Some of the big names of the “public enemy” era like Nelson and Dillinger are connected to guns from W&K. They also dealt in lots of other stuff, like jewelry. Their steer-head grips for handguns are iconic among some collectors.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Wolf & Klar were indeed both a distributor and dealer for Colt and S&W. Their retail store in Ft. Worth existed from the 1890s to the 1960s. Some of the big names of the “public enemy” era like Nelson and Dillinger are connected to guns from W&K. They also dealt in lots of other stuff, like jewelry. Their steer-head grips for handguns are iconic among some collectors.
Though I've been collecting original gun & accessory catalogs for 50+ yrs, that's one I've never seen or even heard of, so thanks for posting it. Especially since I grew up about 150 m. from Cowtown, & had relatives there my parents often visited, I'm rather ashamed I never heard of this company.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Very nice! I'd like to get a box of original ammo to try in mine. Underwood +p 158 grn Keiths are a good substitute though. BANG!!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
$700? Sheesh! Well may be a round or two. ;)

Reactions: Cliff

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
Very nice looking! The 38/44 HD we have here was letter as shipped to W&K.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a crummy picture. I collect guns, but not so good at photography. It is a real nice revolver.
Lots of the 38/44 HD's were shipped to W&K. Soon, I will post pics of my 38/44 Outdoorsman. It is new in the box. Thanks WendyZXZ. Big Larry

·
Registered
22,276 Posts
Great looking revolver. Thanks for sharing the pic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts