Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well found some more older Schrades, and got myself a Knives of Alaska set. I know the KoA set is one of the made in Texas ones, but couldn't resist the stag. OK, here's the pic's.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey... :mrgreen:

That Old Timer looks familiar...love mine.

I was looking at a few sets of KofA this past Saturday. I cannot believe how the prices are shooting up on these... :eek: They are some pretty fine blades and I really like the stag on your set....The D2 steel is some pretty tough stuff. I worked to get an edge on my set, but they should stay sharp for a good long time.

Congrats on a good looking set of knives....

giz

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Schrade Golden Spike is one of my favorite knives. Nice additions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The "Old Timer" is called a "Little Finger" and is something of a collectors item if in good shape. I bought one new, years ago. They make great capers and are useful bird & trout knives (mine is my favorite small game knife) ...........nice collection.

Don

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
woodsltc said:
The "Old Timer" is called a "Little Finger" and is something of a collectors item if in good shape. I bought one new, years ago. They make great capers and are useful bird & trout knives (mine is my favorite small game knife) ...........nice collection.

Don
Don, That ones not the little finger, there were actually two types made on basicly the same pattern. One was the sharp finger and the other little finger. Here's a pic of the little finger.
The sharp finger had an upswept blade, and the little finger a drop point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Leighton said:
woodsltc said:

Don
Don, That ones not the little finger, there were actually two types made on basicly the same pattern. One was the sharp finger and the other little finger. Here's a pic of the little finger.
The sharp finger had an upswept blade, and the little finger a drop point.

Leighton,
I don't mean to be rude or confrontational but "I am correct" about the knife being called the "Little Finger". Actually there were 4 fixed blade patterns that were similar:
1) Model # 152 OT was called the "Sharp Finger".
2) Model # 154 OT was called the "Drop Point Hunter" -- That's the one you were calling the Little Finger.
3) Model # 156 OT was called the "Little Finger" --- that's the one in your first picture.....by the way I have 3 of them and they are great little knives!!!
4) Model # 158 OT was called the "Guthook Skinner" .

See the link: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/sch ... _timer.php

You can also find these knives listed on "fleabay" under the model #'s or the names (ie.. Little Finger , etc..)
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHRADE-156OT-LITTL ... 18Q2el1247
&
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHRADE-USA-154OT-O ... 3QQihZ018Q
Don

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don, You were'nt and I was wrong. Thanks for the new site for me to wander through!!

Leighton

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Don,

I've been calling mine by the wrong name ever since I bought it 25+ years ago! :oops:

I guess that shows what a lousy Schrade Old Timer scholar I am..... :?

xtm

·
Registered
94 Posts
Leighton said:
Don, You were'nt and I was wrong. Thanks for the new site for me to wander through!!

Leighton
Absolutely no problem......those are some nice knives you have!!! :)

Don

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just got a new Fixed Blade = LOVE it, strong! I carry inverted right now on belt with TekLok clip but that could change depending on comfort and other things--It's a pretty fast draw when your hand is all ready down there anyway--pulling down rather than up seems to be less awkward than pulling way up and out of the sheath.
RAT-3.jpg
Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts