1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I think that they would be an invasive species? They sure aren’t native to FL.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i MENTIONED A SHOTGUN CAUSE THEM MONKEYS JUMP FROM TREE TO TREE KINDS LIKE SQUIRRELS!
I didn’t realiZe they were flying monkeys. Definitely a shotgun!

·
Registered
404 Posts
When I went to Africa the monkeys at the camp were horrible thieving bastages. Someone had to stay outside when we were unpacking, packing up or anytime we were doing something outside with a 12 gauge to keep them out of stuff. They would see an open hatch on a SUV and would be in it in no time stealing something. We couldn’t eat outside or they would jump down on the table and take our food. 3 inch #2 Black Cloud goose loads worked pretty good. The day we left our PH had lost his cool with the monkeys after they took some handheld radios and a duffle bag. He gave us 3 12 gauge Mossbergs and then he scattered some newspapers around camp. They couldn’t take the temptation. We piled monkeys up for about 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I don't think I could shoot monkeys unless they were a threat to my life or another human life.
Too human looking. I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Monkey bites are about the nastiest, dirtiest, most "infective" (I made up that word) animal bites there are - and they do bite. And they are fast: Really fast!

My step sons had a small zoo (yes, they really did) and had a Rhesus monkey named Tim. Tim would act friendly one minute and then take a chunk out of you the next minute. The bites can take weeks or even months to heal and the infections are extremely hard to get rid of.

Yes, they do look a lot like humans, but they really don't belong 'out' where humans are, even though there are "monkey parks" in other countries where the monkeys act tame while stealing anything they can grab.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
A 22 pistol with a suppressor will do the trick. Nobody further than 50 feet or so from you will ever hear it. Just be sure to use sub-sonic ammo.

SIG 1911-22 with Silencer.jpg

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
We have had monkeys around for a long time!

Just like any other invasive specie to get rid of them they will have to do research, costly studies and of course to gid rid of them it must be done "humanly"

Hell for things like Cane Toads, Iguanas, Pythons the want people to "sedate them" then put in a freezer to to kill them??

Of course details must be sent to the State:confused:. Just kill the damn thing. I am not saying torture them.

Shot gun would be my preferred method.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Those monkeys from the Tarzan movies filmed at Silver Springs have made their way up into Georgia about a decade ago or so. You could always trap one and feed it to your local gator...................

·
Registered
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
A long barreled 22 LR is silent with CB caps. And deadly.

Kevin
Plugging monkeys with a Ladysmith and Colibri's. WIN! :lol:

Reactions: Victor N TN
1 - 20 of 31 Posts