Registered
535 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,411 Posts

·
Registered
18,799 Posts
I saw that Meme and reminded me when we lived in Mesa, AZ do not remember any Blue Laws then (1964 to 1978) and then relocated to small town in Arkansas near my Granddad and Grandma to finish school. There was Blue Laws there and also dry county. However, we spent time with Grandparents visiting on Sunday after church. Sunday was a day of rest and must admit, I do miss that. Just brought back some good memories.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My dad was a Marine PFC during WW II, and a combat veteran of Guam and Iwo Jima. In the late 1960's he worked part time as the doorman for Shakey's Pizza. If someone was being disruptive he would get very close and start talking to them. It wasn't till he quit talking that they would realize he had backed them out into the parking lot and never touched them.

It was all about his demeaner. He never threw his weight around, or tried to act tough, or any of that nonsense, just gave off the vibe that he could and - more importantly - would handle himself in whatever manner the situation required. I kinda get the feeling that's typical of Marine combat vets.

That's why I think those rec-room Antifa Nancy's would fold into a fetal position pretty quick when faced with platoon of Marines. BTW, I used to work with a woman who was a former Marine, and I'm convinced that, in her prime, she could take out about five of those rioters quicker than you can say, "Bob's your uncle."

Hector

Reactions: Tygus.Shooting
41 - 57 of 57 Posts