Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an online ad today for 5 S&W revolvers. One of them is a model of 1955 Target. It appears to be wearing unrelieved diamond target grips. Priced under $900. Don't see very many of these. Am I correct in thinking it is probably worth much more? It is the top, left gun.
model1955.jpeg

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Saw an online ad today for 5 S&W revolvers. One of them is a model of 1955 Target. It appears to be wearing unrelieved diamond target grips. Priced under $900. Don't see very many of these. Am I correct in thinking it is probably worth much more? It is the top, left gun.
View attachment 505235
Have you bought it yet?! What ya waiting on? Jump on it....! jmho Rare!

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you bought it yet?! What ya waiting on? Jump on it....! jmho Rare!
This was more of an educational exercise seeing as how gun money is pretty tight right now. The other revolvers in the ad are priced about right, maybe even a tad high but that one seemed fairly low to me so I was checking with you guys to get your thoughts on value, especially after I noticed the non relieved stocks which makes me think this is an older gun

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Hey Jonsey,

I saw that ad a couple days ago and wondered if it was close to you. Did he lower his price recently?

John

·
Registered
26,486 Posts
Any pics yet? Lets see them.😀

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Good luck Jonsey. Let us know how the cards fall. It's close to a 4 hour drive from me but Ive been known to go the distance for a good deal. And that one qualifies!

John

·
Super Moderator
11,365 Posts
He will not be home til this evening. I want to see if he will accept silver bullion for half of the asking price. I have some I bpught at $16-$17 per ounce. Spot is $26.51 right now. Will see if he takes $25 per ounce
If it helps, I’ll buy that 625 back for the same price I sold it to you.

Lost in the woods... Hopefully.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it helps, I’ll buy that 625 back for the same price I sold it to you.

Lost in the woods... Hopefully.
No Way! I like it too much. If I recall correctly, you replaced it with a model 25. How does it shoot?
The seller also has 1150 rounds of wadcutter ammo loaded with 3.5gr of Bullseyeand 300 factory rounds he will bundle in with the gun for another $800, which is outrageous. Wants a buck a piece for the factory and around 43 cents a round for the reloads

1 - 20 of 33 Posts