Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6906 3rd generation pistol that was manufactured 10/88. I am thinking of sending it back to the factory for a complete renovation refinish of the slide and frame action tune and any springs replaced. The cost should be around $500. Has anyone else ever done anything like this?

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
I'd give them a call first. I'm not sure that they are still working on 3rd Generation pistols. I'm not sure that they still have parts.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I have seen 3rd gen pistols on other forum refurbished by S&W with great results . I would like to have mine done but just can't spend $500 on a $300 gun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
But if you need 12 round factory magazines send me a PM.
I have plenty since I sold my 6906 a couple moths ago.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I have a 6906 3rd generation pistol that was manufactured 10/88. I am thinking of sending it back to the factory for a complete renovation refinish of the slide and frame action tune and any springs replaced. The cost should be around $500. Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
i send mire to Cylinder and Slide in Freemont Nebraska . They do fantastic work Also Novak's .45 shop . They do a great job .Parkersberg West Va.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts