Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the model 631 is rather a rare bird. I happen to have a 4" model 631 w/adjustable sights that I bought new and is still in excellent condition. No, I don't want to sell it, but the guy said that only 190 model 631 .32 Mg revolvers were made. Really I doubt it, but I just thought that one (or more) of you fellers would know the skinny on this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,833 Posts
There were more than 190 produced.
Product code 103664: 2” FS. S 22oz. 190 manufactured, but there were 3 other product codes including a 2 inch LadySmith marked gun of which about 5474 were produced.
Product code 103662 was a 4” with adjustable sights with red insert, white outlined rear at 25.5 oz. no production numbers listed. Finally product number 103682. This is the Rare one. 32 magnum round butt kit gun with adjustable sights, satin stainless finish, .347 serrated trigger & Goncolo Alves stocks. Only 40 produced

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Rare enough, regardless of which configuration. Sold my 4" adjustable sighted model last spring. Combat stocks, box, tools & etc for a little under $1200. it was a safe queen that wasn't used much. I spent the money on a couple old rifles that I plan to shoot often.
Any 32 caliber S&W revolver with adjustable sights are as scarce as hen's teeth.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts