Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received a nice little pistol on a trade for a crossbow. It's a smith and Wesson .32 magnum, model 631 with a 2" barrel, non lady smith. I am wanting to know how much it's worth collectors value. Also if I should have the grips refinished? Heard mixed reviews on this issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Smith Wesson 631 were manufactured from 1990 to 1992 approx 5,500 were made the came in 2 inch fixed sights and 4 inch adjustable sights .. They were round butt only an came with the grips you have Condition puts your between $340 and $450. Id give the grips the once over with some very find steel wool the some tung oil.. Not a bad trade at all..

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
Normally the expense of refinishing a gun isn't recouped but in the case of those grips I think it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
That's a good trade. Ammo to feed it isn't as easy to find as 38 special or 9mm but you can shoot the old 32 S&W and S&W Long in it as well as the 32 H&R. I have a 4" version with target sights, box and everything. It is the apex of 32 caliber J frame revolver.
Layne isn't far off in his guestamite. Although S&W didn't make a whole lot of them, there isn't exactly a big fan base for them either. But said fans tend to be first class groupies. Clean her up good and put her to use.

John

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! We don't see many of those. Nice .32 Mag!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts