Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a model 63 for my wife in January 2013. My local gun shop says they are still waiting for the order to be filled. Is this a reasonable amount of time to wait? I'm thinking I need to contact dealers other than the one in our town. I have purchased another S&W revolver from him in the past.

Registered
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
not a lot of them posted new on gunbroker, buds doesn't have any in stock, so the supply doesn't seem to be out there..

Registered
FWIW ... looks like they're hard to get.
Search Criteria:
Category: Handguns
Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson
Model Series: 63
Click the Item # to view picture and specifications:
Item # Manufacturer Description Quantity Availability Your Price Sale Ends
162634 Smith & Wesson M63 22LR DA REV 3SS B AS Allocated contact retailer
$676.00 *

Registered
most dealers are not at fault. there distributors are playing games by not reporting accurate inventory and disregarding first come first serve. also i understand smith gears up to make a ton of one gun at a time such as m&p, bodyguards, and shields. where a 63 would fit in the rotation is anyone guess. smith is pretty decent to deal with i would call them 1-800-331-0852.

Registered
Well, since you ordered one FOR your wife that's good, because she'll probably love it and you'll hardly ever see it again. I got one a little over 20 years ago, let the wife shoot it, and it instantly became "her gun". Then came the Bianchi holster....then the stag grips.....and finally it got "all scratched up". Now every one in the family knows "that's Grandma's gun". L 4.JPG L 10.JPG LYN BD 013.JPG

Banned
Well, since you ordered one FOR your wife that's good, because she'll probably love it and you'll hardly ever see it again. I got one a little over 20 years ago, let the wife shoot it, and it instantly became "her gun". Then came the Bianchi holster....then the stag grips.....and finally it got "all scratched up". Now every one in the family knows "that's Grandma's gun". View attachment 20316 View attachment 20317 View attachment 20318
I love that gun! It's classy and useful as all get out!
You have excellent taste sir!

Registered
Bummer about them being scarce,,,

I have an older model that is very similar to your lady's gun,,,
Lilith isn't engraved but she does have those wonderful oversized target grips.

It's a toss-up as to which is my favorite revolver,,,
Lilith the Model 63 or Didi my Model 18.

I'm going to a gun show tomorrow morning,,,
I was hoping to find either a new model 63 or a 317 Kit Gun.

Hey, maybe I'll get lucky.

Aarond

Super Moderator
I would call S&W and see what the production ststus is. You can also ask them for the names fo a few of their distributors. You might wanty to call the distributors and see if there are any model 63's available thru them.
I've been waiting 7-1/2 months for 6 MagPul 30 round AR mags. They were finally shipped this past Monday. It looks like we're all waiting for something these days.
I wish you well in your quest.
~Gearchecker~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts