Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, today has been a banner day. I picked up 5 pistols that I've been wanting.
I got a model 60 no dash in awesome condition, sadly no box or anything else, but for $400 I figured I got a pretty decent deal. I also brought home a Glock Model 40 MOS, 10MM long slide with a Burris FastFire 3 red dot sight, an MP40, 9mm pistol, and an off brand Tisas 1911 Duty model, and a Tisas 1911-A1 model
For a Friday I did pretty well. Photos will follow in the next day or so.

M60

Glock Model 40 MOS [Long Slide]

GSG MP40 Pistol

Tisas 1911 Duty

Tisas M1911-A1 - I forgot about this one.

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
If Plugs gets elected, you can basically kiss your collection goodbye. Terrible thought. Guess we find out on November 5th, not all that far away.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Every man's dream - to work in a gun store!

I did say something several months ago about that new dream job going to cost you more money than you earn, didn't I? 🧐🤭

In any case, congratulations on that Model 60! At that price, who needs a box or paperwork anyway?

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been saving up to get some guns. I had the Glock and the 1911 in lay-a-way, and I really wanted a precision target rifle, but the MP40, and the model 60 both came in on Thursday. (I've taken the skill of lay-a-way shopping from an un-named member here that's always teasing us with his Ali Babba gun finds.
I wanted the MP40 so my two grandsons would be able to get in a little shooting with a gun from their online war games. The MP40 is really popular with the boys, so I thought it a good plan to get one for them. I got the MP40 with 3 mags for $325.
You all know I wouldn't be able to walk away without that Model 60.
So here I am. Gun rich, wallet poor again.

·
Registered
558 Posts
A few years ago, I received a package in the mail from a friend, a Police Officer in Alabama. In the package was a NIB old model M60 and a letter stating he had 3 and that I needed one. I shot it 5 times, cleaned it, and put it away. Too small for me. Besides my carry guns are all semi-auto. Enjoy your new treasures. Big Larry

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I have been saving up to get some guns. I had the Glock and the 1911 in lay-a-way, and I really wanted a precision target rifle, but the MP40, and the model 60 both came in on Thursday. (I've taken the skill of lay-a-way shopping from an un-named member here that's always teasing us with his Ali Babba gun finds.
I wanted the MP40 so my two grandsons would be able to get in a little shooting with a gun from their online war games. The MP40 is really popular with the boys, so I thought it a good plan to get one for them. I got the MP40 with 3 mags for $325.
You all know I wouldn't be able to walk away without that Model 60.
So here I am. Gun rich, wallet poor again.
I missed the reference to getting an MP 40 in the original post. Saw the follow-up where you mentioned grandkids and WW2 games. What MP 40 did you get? Pretty sure it isnt a full auto, 9mm submachine gun, so is it a semi auto version in 9mm or is it a .22?
I will add that I have shot a real WW2 era. full auto MP 40 and it was a blast. Very controllable due to the low rate of fire. They would love it, but boy would you eat up some 9mm

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I missed the reference to getting an MP 40 in the original post. Saw the follow-up where you mentioned grandkids and WW2 games. What MP 40 did you get? Pretty sure it isnt a full auto, 9mm submachine gun, so is it a semi auto version in 9mm or is it a .22?
I will add that I have shot a real WW2 era. full auto MP 40 and it was a blast. Very controllable due to the low rate of fire. They would love it, but boy would you eat up some 9mm
My MP40 is the GSG 9MM semi-auto version. I've been told that they're fussy and malfunction more than they should. I'm changing out the trigger bar, to a modified version, and I've read that it pretty much clears up those issues.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
12,289 Posts
A banner day gearchecker; well done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.