Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this general question is asked a 100 times but i have not been able to find any past threads that mentions the serial number starting with these letters "TFA" any idea as to what year this may be?
It was a Law Enforcement trade-in..maybe Dept. Homeland Security
Thanks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 5906, one of the ones with the adjustable rear sight and the long triggerguard. It's serial number is TEA 72xx. I have read up on it a little and learned that it was built somewhere between 1989 and 1999. I would guess that it was also a LEO firearm, the interior is great, the exterior has seen some use--nothing serious, but it has been carried a lot. Haven't shot it yet. Any info on the gun will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,705 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! The SN table doesn't list TEA but, through interpolation, it looks like it shipped in 1989, the 5906's first year of production.

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you call the customer service number they will tell you. Free call.

welcome01

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called S&W Customer Service, they were a great help. They said my gun was shipped in March, 1990 to a wholesale outfit in Ohio. I also shot the gun. I had to adjust the rear sight and after that it shot great. I have done some more reading and "IMI" was mentioned as an option with some of these guns. Anyone know what that is?? Thanks.

By the way, S&W Customer Service can be contacted at: 800-331-0852, Ext. 4125. They were very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.