Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, this appears to be the place for educated info. I have a S&W model 586 serial # ADD 7276 it has been repaired due to recall as it has a dedicated M.
Am looking for info in regard to possible year of production and where i may purchase a rear sight assembly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Russ

Registered
Best guess, based on the Bible, is 1983-1984. :)

For the rear sight, I would start with the mothership itself (a.k.a., S&W Customer Support) and then go to the usual suspects if no luck, probably starting with Numrich Gun Parts. 馃槑

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum. Good choice in a revolver.

Registered
LGS has a 6" one for sale at ~$600; Pachmayr grips, no box or other accessories - good deal?

Registered
LGS has a 6" one for sale at ~$600; Pachmayr grips, no box or other accessories - good deal?
All depends on condition. :) I paid $500 for mine "as-new" with Goodyears and a couple speed loaders a year or so ago. I think I got an extremely good deal on that one. I would do another in the same condition at $600 in about 2 seconds. (y)

Registered
Good afternoon everyone, this appears to be the place for educated info. I have a S&W model 586 serial # ADD 7276 it has been repaired due to recall as it has a dedicated M.
Am looking for info in regard to possible year of production and where i may purchase a rear sight assembly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Russ
Hey Russ,

Welcome to S&W.

In addition to GUNPARTS (Numrich) Brownell's usually has S&W rear sights. They do come in a couple different heights...

Hope this helps.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and TTSH

Registered
Welcome to the forum! Any pics of the 586? A $600 price tag is a deal these days on ANY .357 and the cheapest one I came across was $599 which was 3 years ago. I should of snagged that one.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 12 of 12 Posts