Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my favorite handgun. Absolute best shooter. Better than any of my other semi autos and revolvers, it's my Model 586-1. But finally got around to filling in some specs on my gun list and I can't seem to find the manufacture date on this one. Model number is AUZ26xx. My old S&W catalog - dog-eared and all - lists Jan 1986 AHC 1687 followed by Jul 1987 AWW 7874, but no months in between. Can someone help me out?

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,322 Posts
There is a big gap in the SCSW for certain number ranges. Mine says the same as yours. Unless someone just happens to know, about the only other way I know of to find out an exact date is to have it lettered. That cost $50.

Nice revolver, by the way. I've had a 586-4 for a long time and when it's time for some 357 shooting, that's the one I pick.

·
Premium Member
19,962 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Thanks Carl. Thanks Guy. I think I'll spend the $50 on this one. Glad to finally join. All my Google questions the past few years link me to this forum. It's one of the best I have found.
Indeed. You would be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group anywhere. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
34 Posts
586 no dash production year

Hi all,

Woud appreciate an indication of the year of manufacture of me recently acquired 586-no dash, 6".
It is in pretty good shape, unfortunately without box. But I been searchign for one for over 2 years, and jsut could not pass this one up.

Serial number is ADM9007.

Many thanks and all the best for 2019!!

Attachments

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Hey jcm,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice 586! One still on my list to get. Hopefully you can get out to shoot it soon. :)

Later,
Curt

Reactions: jcm2710

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey jcm,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice 586! One still on my list to get. Hopefully you can get out to shoot it soon. :)

Later,
Curt
Thanks, Curt.

Yes, can't wait to shoot it, it has a wonderful trigger. A must have for all S&W collectors - I am now sorry I overlooked it in the past.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Any pics? We'd like to see what you have there.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! Thanks guys. I purchased it from a buddy who's aunt picked it up at a garage sale in New Hampshire. The gun is perfect except for some bluing wear at the tip of the barrels from the holster. I would post pictures but it's in my buddies safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys new to the forum. I have two S&W model looking for some information on.
One is a Model 586 blue no dash serial number AAEXXXX. I'm looking for a date of mfg.
The second is a Model 28-2 blue - I'm needing a 6" barrel for it. Anyone have one in good condition or know where to get one at a fair price?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts