Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for little bit of help here , found a model 57 trying to figure out when it was made , I may have to go back a see if he doesn’t mind removing the grips to look there . I’m posting some pictures, it still has the ( lazy) ampersand.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
congrats mate love the .41

thewelshm

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
My 57 is by far my favorite revolver, and cartridge in .41 magnum. The pistol you're showing is a 1st gen, no dash model, and it has no internal lock.

Don't walk.....run to the shop and get it. I like shorter barrels, but I wouldn't even think about passing up on this one. If it's priced less than $1,000, it's a steal.
It took me nearly 3 years to find a model 57 to add to my accumulation, and I bought it on the word from a friend. It was in a shop about 8 hours drive for me, so I bought it over the phone. Even with an internal lock I was not disappointed when I got it. It will be one of the last S&W's I'll part with. Here's an old photo of mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 57 is by far my favorite revolver, and cartridge in .41 magnum. The pistol you're showing is a 1st gen, no dash model, and it has no internal lock.

Don't walk.....run to the shop and get it. I like shorter barrels, but I wouldn't even think about passing up on this one. If it's priced less than $1,000, it's a steal.
It took me nearly 3 years to find a model 57 to add to my accumulation, and I bought it on the word from a friend. It was in a shop about 8 hours drive for me, so I bought it over the phone. Even with an internal lock I was not disappointed when I got it. It will be one of the last S&W's I'll part with. Here's an old photo of mine.

View attachment 491812
that's a beauty you got there , he's asking $850 out the door, but he has other nice revolvers i looked at in the vault, model 19-4 6" also same thing 19-4 4" a pre 28 , model 29-2, also a colt trooper MKIII all around the same price.i took pics of all of them don't know much about the colt. also he has a 44 special he has to did out of the collection . actually he has other beauties also just cant remember them all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for little bit of help here , found a model 57 trying to figure out when it was made , I may have to go back a see if he doesn’t mind removing the grips to look there . I’m posting some pictures, it still has the ( lazy) ampersand.
Congratulations! The .41 magnum is my favorite revolver cartridge, and the Model 57 is my favorite vehicle for it. I had a real nice model 58 years ago and had to sell it to make the mortgage one month. I regret it every day.

·
Registered
8 Posts

View attachment 491812
The lock is easy to remove and plug. It takes me about 10 minutes to do one. Give it a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts