Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local gun shop has one. Quite the odd duck. It looks like its been test fired only and has 3 mags and three sets of grips,one of the sets are adjustable wood targets.No box..nuffin else. I'm not a S&W centerfire autoloader fan having bought quite a few lemons over the years so as intriguing as this pistol is..I hesitate to even consider it. However...here I am posting about it so there must be something there. Slide is very light to cycle and the trigger is def match grade. Has a nice balance and feel. He is asking $1200 and that seems to be the ballpark price when I looked on GB at other examples..but they were not close to the condition of this one. 38 special is one of my favorite rounds. No pictures...just thinking out loud..:)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It does seem to posses a sort of aura just holding it..however..I have been fooled before.

I just checked the Good book and there does not seem to have been a 52-3 made. Hmm...I sure thought it was a 3. If I go back for a look-seee...even if its "just" a 2, I'll probably end up buying it. I have a bunch of 38 wadcutters and out of an autoloader would be like shooting a .22..only bigger holes..:)

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
It evidently was calling out to you so might as well go back and reinspect and get it. Then can tell us how great it is at the range. Then we will all know what to expect if we find one. Good luck with it. As you need something to help clean out those wadcutters fast. Then you will have reason to reload more. One thing always leads to another.

·
Registered
21,001 Posts
Those mags are expensive enough by themselves. Once you develop the right load/bullet seating, it will become boringly easy to shoot one hole groups all day long

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Mine is the most accurate center fire auto I own. Gun is clearly capable of 1 hole groups with match quality ammo. Weak link is me. Mags are about $100 each and hard to find. Keep in mind it will only fee wad cutters seated exactly flush with the case. Buy the gun - you will be pleased.

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Ya know..........if'n ya don't buy it, you'll kick yerself fer the rest of yer life............ya gotz no choice.

Hurry.......................!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts