Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad passed away in 2016, but I am still finding things that I brought home after his funeral. This last Sunday I opened a box and found many different types of S&W revolver and pistol grips. To include a set a J frame target grips. I have several back issues of different publications (Shooter's Bible, Guns & Ammo, Guns) from the Seventies in which they state the J frame target grips won't fit the Bodyguard. Well I don't know what is going on because this set fits like a glove. I acknowledge they look rather odd on the Model 49, but they fit my hand very nicely. Have to get to the range to see how they handle with live ammo. Genuine vintage grips. Fairly certain the grips were made in the seventies and my Model 49 was manufactured in 73. They go together. The grips will not be staying on it permanently. When I'm on-duty it will still wear the Pachmayr Compac grips. Figured folks here would get a kick out of the old style grips though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Very nice. I have a 49 from the 70's that came with the standard magna numbered grips.

The old bodyguards are the nicest pocket revolvers around.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I got a model 38 in my pocket right now with the same grips on it. Looks funny but feels great in your hand.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those grips are good for shooting but miss the mark as to attractiveness. But, if you like them that's all that matters. Great looking little revolver. Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts