Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago I acquired a M45, .22 M&P. The gun is in real nice shape with the exception of the fact that someone stippled the back strap. I'd like to restore the back strap and have a local firearms artisan who is capable. I know that this will mean at least partial rebluing. I'd like to solicit opinions as to whether I leave it alone or restore it. Suggestions on how best to restore it would be welcome as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Leave it alone. It'll never regain the value, over the cost of having it cleaned up.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I agree with gearchecker, unless the stippling just bothers you and the money isn’t important. Hank

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
I tend to agree with the others, but would be interested in seeing how it looks. If well done, leave it. If it looks like Bubba did it with a Dremel, I might consider having it fixed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gents. To the last post, it really does look bad. Someone obviously did it with a prick punch and made quite a mess. I'll try to post some pics later so you can get a sense of it. This is a fairly valuable gun and I'm not into it for much, so investing in repairs would not be too painful if I go that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts