Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
They are very accurate in my estimation. When they first came out one of the gun mags. put a Model 41 and a model 422 in side machine gun rests and fired them side by side and the 422 kept up with the 41 through out the test. The 422 is much lighter in your hand so it probably not fire as well in your hands. When I brought my first 422 home and showed it to my wife, she said "thank you, I am sure that I can shoot this gun as all your others are too heavy for me to shoot." Yes she could shoot that S&W 422 4" very well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are very accurate in my estimation. When they first came out one of the gun mags. put a Model 41 and a model 422 in side machine gun rests and fired them side by side and the 422 kept up with the 41 through out the test. The 422 is much lighter in your hand so it probably not fire as well in your hands. When I brought my first 422 home and showed it to my wife, she said "thank you, I am sure that I can shoot this gun as all your others are too heavy for me to shoot." Yes she could shoot that S&W 422 4" very well.
Thanks Jim,my wife is the same way I handed her my little 36 cheif snub nosed and she said it was heavy.. hahaha...but yes I think I found the one she can shoot ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Only accurate guns are interesting. Unless they're a combat shotgun!
85 Posts
Weird coincidence. I saw one today at a local pawn shop, in similar (VG) condition. They are asking $399.99 for it. If it was a 4-inch model I'd have bought it on the spot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weird coincidence. I saw one today at a local pawn shop, in similar (VG) condition. They are asking $399.99 for it. If it was a 4-inch model I'd have bought it on the spot.
Oh man,,,I would have bought it !!!!!! I paid $350 for mine and they just are so nice...as long as the wood grips are on and the blue is good 👍......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts