Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used Model 37 Airweight with a 3 inch barrel. I've ran across a bunch of 37s with short barrels, but haven't seen any with the 3 inch barrel. Anybody got any information on how many Model 37s were made with 3 inch barrels, or have any other information on this model.

Thanks for the forum and all the good information and photos of S&W handguns......this is really a nice site for S&W owners.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,

They are really neat little revolvers, and they shoot quite well and easy too, due to the 3" barrel. I bought a vintage one for my wife's birthday last year and she shoots it really well. It immediately became her preferred self-defense gun . . . and for very good reasons too.

Shooting it at a ladies-only self defense course last year that was sponsored by our local Sheriff and District Attorney, the range instructor told her she shot well enough to teach the class! All "A-zone" hits for her that day!

I think you'll like it a lot. Post the serial number (turning the last two or three digits into an "X" each, and we'll let ya know when it was made too! Nice folks here!!!

Tom

PS: I liked my wife's M37 so much that I soon sought out it's snubbie brother (BOTH date to 1971) to replace my vintage, standard weight Model 36 as my "always" pocket-carried CCW gun! The Airweights are the perfect balance of lightest weight + tolerable recoil ever made, IMHO!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts