Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gun shop over the weekend and noticed a revolver in the case. A model 37 airweight with a flat latch in IIRC in nickel, nice looking 98%. The price was $305.00. Does a flat latch add value?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Model 37 airweight flat latch

I would snatch that in a second.Nickle reveals use.If it's 90%plus I think you have a winner.

:cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts

Hey Viss

Did you buy it?

I was not kidding,if you do not want it please PM me and I will!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Goucho, I'll let you know,I was hoping for more input but I think I may buy it, I sold a charter arms today with this purchase in mind, the gun shop owner also works as an operating engineer and is working nights on an interstate job. I talked to his wife saturday and she was reluctant to make a deal without Mark there. If I don't take it I will let you know. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts

Thanks Dave

Part of it is to encourage you to make a good deal,as well as my own shameful greed for 37s.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Hi,

A nickle M37 in that condition, particularly a flat latch, would probably mean that yet another old widow has sold hubbie's 1961 era nightstand gun he bought new to protect 'em against the bad day that never came!

If it has the original "diamond" wood grips, serial numbered to the gun on the inside of the right grip it will be a huge plus and make the gun a steal.

Sorry I can't post an M37 from that era, but here's a nickle plated M36 from that time with original diamond stocks and flat latch I picked up a year and a half ago that probably lived the same sheltered life as that M37.

I'd jump all over that deal if I were you!!! Maybe lookin' at this nice M36 will motivate you to go get that baby! That's less than I paid for this one!!!

T.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I went back to the gunshop this morning for a closer look at this revolver. I never took it out of the case last weekend, after a closer look the condition isn't what I initially thought. It appears to have been carried alot, a little wear to the finish where the grip meets the frame near the latch. The owner allowed me to remove the grips and they are numbered to the gun. I hum hawed around awhile then asked my wife what she thought and she replied "I would just get it", so I did, he knocked off the tax so it was $305.00 out the door. I won't be able to pick it up until wednsday. I'll post a pic at that time, Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
8,129 Posts

Viss,
Way to go!
We're looking forward to seeing pics when ya' get it!

·
Registered
109 Posts

Nice . . . and they aren't making 'em anymore either!

Mine's "just" a '71 year M37 no dash and it is my "always" carry gun. I paid a lot more than you did for this nice specimen last year! An old lady was selling it . . . her second husband's nightstand gun . . . and she survived three husbands. I don't think they ever shot it much, if at all.

BTW, I've taken off the original serial numbered-to-the-gun stocks for safe keeping, and installed a set of Patrick Grashorn's awesome stags and a Tyler T-grip. It is a great pocket rocket!

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts

Thats a good deal and the condition means you can relax some about wear issues.
Wadcutters are fun and work better for self defence that most believe.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Finally got around to posting a pic of the new addition. I was going to sell a charter arms to a friend to offset cost, but the Mrs. likes the undercover better than this one. Go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts