Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the original grips from my model 34. The screw is out. I have tried using a small hammer to tap them and have tried to pry them off with a very tiny screwdriver. I don't want to ruin the grips or the blue finish of my gun. Can someone help me? Any help appreciated.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Hi cheryld, and welcome to the forum!

Sometimes, grips can be very difficult to get off. However, using a screwdriver to pry one of the grips off will almost certainly cause some damage.

Try this: take the screw all the way out and screw it from the ouside of the grip that has the threads (the other side of the gun). Make sure you screw it all the way into the threads on the grip. Now you'll have something to exert some leverage.

Or, once you loosen the screw, leave it in the original grip and push on the screw. This should push the other grip off enough to grab an edge to pull it off. One thing to pay attention to when doing it this way is to make sure the grip you're pushing off isn't sitting on a flat surface, such as a work bench. It has to have some room to push off of the grip frame.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
take the screw off and go shoot a cylinder full out of it
Oh yeah, that's for getting the side plate off perkgfn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts